2013 - 2014
~6th - 8th Grade Dance Academy~
Students are currently working on a Project Based Learning assignment. They are working with 2-4 students. The goal is for the students to tell a story through dance. With their group members, students are responsible for:
- picking a story,
- picking music, and
- choreographing a 1-minute dance routine using the dance genre of their choice
~Ms. Koide competing at Miss California in 2004.~
MANDATORY DRESS CODE
Dance shoes may be purchased at the following locations: Payless Shoe Source, Victoria’s Dance and Costumes on Race Street, Capezio at Valco Mall, Target, or Discount Dance.
- Black jazz shoes AND black tap shoes REQUIRED by Monday, October 14th (ballet shoes optional),
- Fitted clothing,
- for girls - tights & leotards or leggings/shorts & shirts,
- for boys – sweats or shorts with t-shirts, and
- Hair tied back in a pony tail.
The Arts Education Partnership says dance benefits
students by helping them with creative thinking, originality,
elaboration & flexibility; it also improves expressive skills,
social tolerance, self-confidence and persistence. As a lifelong dancer
myself, I also know that dance has taught me time management skills,
discipline, and teamwork. Ida Jew Academies is pleased to be able to
offer this unique program and I welcome you and your student to VAPA!